Thursday, July 19, 2012

Honey-Lime Tilapia with Mango-Pineapple Salsa

I used to hate fish. With a passion. When I was four, I said, and I quote, "This tastes like grass" (whatever that means?). My mom isn't a huge fan either. A few years ago though, we started to eat salmon more and more, and now it's actually one of my favorite dinners! I even order it at restaurants!

The next fish I've moved on to is tilapia, and I think it is going to take less time than salmon! It doesn't taste that "fishy", and it's actually really good (and healthy too!).

This tilapia is really tasty. It is marinated in lime juice and honey, and topped with a yummy pineapple-mango salsa. I've recently started to LOVE mango. They're just so good, and fantastic in this salsa.


If you're like me and you're trying to introduce more fish into your diet, try this tilapia recipe. You won't be disappointed!

Honey-Lime Tilapia with Mango-Pineapple Salsa
Salsa adapted from Eat Drink Love
Serves 4


For the fish:

  • 4 tilapia fillets (about 100g, or 3.5 oz. each)
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
For the salsa:

  • 1 1/2 cups diced mango
  • 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice
In a shallow dish (I used an 8 x 8 square baking dish), combine all marinade. Add fish, and flip to coat both sides. Marinade for 1 to 24 hours. 

Once marinated, wrap each filet in foil and BBQ for 12 minutes, or bake for 12-15. While fish is cooking, prepare salsa. 

Serve salsa with fish. 

I had this with basmati rice and asparagus.

1 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of fish either, but Boyfriend is really good at making fish and seafood taste delicious! You should try red snapper. It's very inexpensive, very mild with no "fishy" taste and it doesn't take that long to cook either!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Template by June Lily