Friday, June 29, 2012

Strawberry, Chicken & Feta Salad

I love salads. They're so healthy and delicious, and so refreshing in the summer. Usually, you don't even have to turn on your oven!


I just realized that I have almost as many salads in my recipe archive as desserts. That's just weird, but I do really love salads. A lot. Especially this one! It's got grilled chicken, crumbled feta, toasted almonds, fresh strawberries and crispy lettuce. Oh, and the best dressing I've ever made in my life. Seriously. Even if you don't make the salad, just make the dressing. It's. So. Good.



Strawberry, Chicken and Feta Salad
adapted from Chatelaine
Makes 4 dinner servings

For the salad:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 cups lettuce (I used romaine)
  • 1 cup chopped, sliced strawberries
  • 1/2 cup toasted almonds
  • 3/4 cup crumbled feta
For the Dressing:
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup sliced strawberries
  • 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp. honey
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
In a blender or food processor, whirl olive oil, strawberries, vinegar, honey and salt until fully pureed.

Preheat BBQ to medium. Brush chicken with a little bit of the dressing, then season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 8 minutes, then flip and grill for another 8-10 minutes. Remove and let rest five minutes, then slice.

Divide lettuce among four plates and top with strawberries, feta, almonds and chicken. Drizzle with dressing and serve.

1 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds like such a delicious salad! I must try strawberries in my salads now!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Template by June Lily